.

A Great Site for Wildflowers

While searching for a picture to confirm the identity of my mysterious sedum I found a great wildflower website written by another Tennessean! It's called East Tennessee Wildflowers. The site is full of pictures and information and even has lesson plans for teachers who want to add a wildflower element to their classrooms. Kris, the author and photographer, is a teacher and a science outreach instructor for The American Museum of Science and Energy. I highly recommend taking a look around her site if you are interested in wildflowers!

I think I can confirm the identity of the sedum now as a Widow's Cross or Sedum pulchellum. Thank you Gail (Clay and Limestone) for your input!

In other Tennessee blog news Tina at In the Garden has moved from her previous address. I've updated the link on this site, stop by and say hi when you get the chance!