.

GROW Project: Hangin' in There

I'd like to say some great things right now about my nasturtiums. I'd like to tell you that they are taking off and look fantastic but about the best I can do is say that we're hanging in there. It's just been too darn hot to get anything to grow happily from seed. June was excruciatingly hot, well over 10 degrees hotter than normal. To make matters worse it hasn't rained here significantly in over two weeks. It's rained nearby, just not here. The other day I watched helplessly as the weather map took the colorful clouds bearing inches of satisfying moisture completely around our area. Then to add insult to injury the clouds rejoined each other after passing by us as if they were intentionally avoiding us. So here is my little nasturtium under the Japanese maple sheltering from the 95 degree sun. It looks like it's time to get the hose out!


I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds.