.

The Hosta Show

Several years ago, I joined the local Hosta Society. I wanted to learn more about hostas and this was a good way to learn from other more experienced growers. Every year they have a Hosta Show where you bring your very best hosta leaves and you compete with other members. I had never entered the show before but this year I decided to try. Many of the members have wonderful hosta gardens with hundreds of superb plants and I didn't think that my box store hostas where as nice as other members hosta plants. I was entering only for the learning experience and what a great experience it was. I did win some ribbons but I learned far more than I expected. I am already planning and really looking forward to next years Hosta Show.
If you would like to learn more about hostas, look for a local hosta club in your area or check out the American Hosta Society web site (see links).
Happy Gardening!
The Creative Gardener