.

Blooming in August

The fifteenth of another month has arrived which means it's time for Bloom Day! This bloomday just finds me happy that I have plants alive and virtually ecstatic that I have blooms. If you've been reading along lately you probably have heard me complain before about the lack of rain and the really high temperatures. Water is so vital to a garden and it's been lacking lately.

Let's see what blooms in August here in my Tennessee garden!

We have zinnias:

I like to add zinnias to empty spaces. I plant them from seed I save each year. The second from the bottom on the right is 'Persian Carpet' zinnia, an heirloom zinnia new to my garden this year.


Some Yellow Flowers:

Row 1: 'Oranges and Lemons' Gaillardia
Row 2: Rudbeckia 'Cappuccino', Yellow Cosmos



A Lot of Purple:

Row 1: Verbena bonairensis, Butterfly Bush, Salvia farinacea
Row2: Petunia, 'Purple Homestead' Verbena, Black and Blue Salvia
Row3: Russian Sage, New York Celeste Aster, Liriope




And some Crape myrtle!

Crape myrtles made either from cuttings or from naturally occurring seedlings.

Coming soon: Caryopteris and mums!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!